Guide to Planning a Anniversary Party on Long IslandHome » Planning » Anniversary Parties
|"Our wedding was many years ago. The celebration continues to this day." ~Gene Perret|
Anniversaries give us a special reason to celebrate and honor a cherished couple. Planning an anniversary party should take into consideration the celebrated couple's personalities, likes and dislikes; the feel for what will appeal to the majority of the guests; as well as the party planner's budget, means and sensibilities. A large part of the success of a proper anniversary party lies in the hands of where it is located. Answer the questions below to ensure that your anniversary party will be located at the best possible venue.
- Is there a specific geographic area you would like to restrict your search to? Knowing what region you do or don't want your anniversary party to be located in can easily help rule out several hundred catering halls. Of course the more specific your desired geographic area, the fewer options you have to work with. This fact may be very welcome to some overwhelmed party planners, but may seem frustrating to others who look forward to being given a variety of catering hall options. A good compromise is to first limit your geographic area to a very specific area. If you are not pleased with the choices of catering halls in that region, then slowly expand your search to the surrounding areas until you are happy with the number of choices being offered, as well as with the distance.
- Is there a specific type of catering hall (i.e. hotel, vineyard, restaurant, etc.) you would like to restrict your search to? Limiting your catering hall search to the type of catering hall is another way to quickly narrow down your top choices. Knowing exactly the type of catering hall you would like to use can help organize your event quickly and efficiently. However, being flexible with the type of catering hall you choose can often result in a unique event that impresses all of your guests, including yourself!
- What is the date of your anniversary party? This may be an obvious "to do", but it is nevertheless an important factor in selecting the perfect catering hall for your anniversary party. Just like selecting airline tickets, the more flexible you are the more likely it is to get better rates, options and availability.
- How formal an affair do you want your anniversary party to be? The level of formality of your anniversary party doesn't necessarily equate to the level of pricing of the catering hall. Instead, it can help you to select an appropriate type of hall if given the choice. If you were hoping for a more laid back affair, then perhaps a formal hotel ballroom isn't the perfect catering hall for you, despite the large number of people it can hold.
- Is there a specific theme you would like to portray? Selecting a theme for your anniversary party could really enhance the overall experience for the guests of honor as well as for everyone else. For example, if the couple in honor got married on a beach, it might be nice to host the party at a catering hall situated on or near a beach.
- How many people will you be hosting at the anniversary party? The number of anticipated guests will undoubtedly help limit your catering hall choices, especially if it's a large number. This is true in terms amount of space and the pricing per plate of food. Depending on your budget, this could be the determining factor of where your event should be located at.
- Will you be requiring onsite food catering? Most of the catering halls we showcase on our website include food catering. However, some do not and will require additional cost and planning in order to provide quality food for your guests.
- How much do you expect to spend per plate? As mentioned earlier, where your anniversary party is located will largely - if not completely - depend upon how much you are able and/or willing to spend per plate. If you are especially interested in a specific catering hall, but the cost per plate is higher than you were expecting, you may need to either rethink that catering hall or the number of people you invite to the event.
- Will you be requiring a Kosher, Vegetarian or Vegan menus? Many catering halls do offer Kosher, Vegetarian or Vegan menus. If this is a must for your event, make sure your catering hall choice has this option.
- Will you be requiring a full service bar or food stations/carving stations for a cocktail hour? Most catering halls (especially hotels and large halls) will offer this service in a customized party package. If the catering hall of your choice does not offer this service in a package be sure to inquire about the additional costs and how it may or may not affect the overall scheduling of your event.
- Will you be requiring a catering hall that provides party favors? Perhaps not surprisingly, these days many catering halls automatically offer you a selection of party favors to choose from in order to streamline your party planning. If you are not happy with the selection of party favors that are offered, or if you would like to present your guests with additional favors, check to see if the catering hall of your choice has any suggestions. Also keep in mind how you would like to give the favors at the anniversary party. This can largely affect the flow of the event, and even the overall presentation of the party.
- Would you prefer a location with attached or nearby accommodations for out of town guests? If your answer to this question is yes, then you should highly consider hotels as your choice of catering hall. However, pay special attention to non hotel catering halls that are in close proximity to other hotel accommodations. Most halls should have this information ready at hand.
- Will you be requiring a party planner? If you book your anniversary party at a catering hall, chances are you will be provided with an in-house party planner that can help ensure that your event goes smoothly. If you are not provided with one, but you are still interested in having a party planner, keep in mind that Long Island party planners have a wide range of rates, involvement and expertise. The catering hall of your choice could also assist you in finding a party planner who has been involved with past events at that location.
- Would simultaneous events at your location be acceptable? This is an important, yet often overlooked, factor to keep in mind when booking your anniversary party. Neighboring events could distract from a calm celebration or compete with a high energy celebration. On the other hand, catering halls that offer simultaneous events could help keep your costs low and could even fuel the party spirit.
Related Anniversary Party Articles
- Anniversary Information - Posted by Amanda
- Tips for a Bachelorette Party - Posted by Amanda
- Easier Planning for a Long Island Sweet Sixteen Party - Posted by Amanda
- Party like a Bride to Be - Posted by Amanda
- A Patriotic Party Theme - Posted by Amanda
- Should You Cater A Slumber Party? - Posted by Amanda
- Planning a 50th Wedding Anniversary Party - Posted by Amanda
- Why Should You Use a Catering Hall for a Birthday Party? - Posted by Amanda
- Advantages of Hiring Caterers For Your Next Party or Event - Posted by Amanda
- Wedding Receptions-The Party after the Wedding - Posted by Amanda
- Super Bowl Party - Posted by Amanda
- Creating a Scary and Bloody Halloween Party - Posted by Amanda
Related Popular Searches
Wedding anniversary, 50th Anniversary, Anniversary gifts, 25th anniversary, anniversary gif, 10 year anniversary, anniversary ideas,
Browse for a Anniversary Party location
Planning a anniversary party? Chances are that we have the information you are looking for! We can help you find locations to host a anniversary party event along with vendors and service providers who can help you plan and execute the perfect anniversary party.
Browse by Type
Browse by County/Region
Back to our Planning Guide