Home » Articles, Guides, and Tips
Posted by Amanda
Your child's Bar/Bat Mitzvah is a special day and you want every detail of the celebration to be absolutely perfect. Food has always been an integral part of any event so finding a good caterer and creating a memorable menu that will leave your guests delighted are important tasks. You should hire your catering company about six months in advance. The first step is to determine where you'll be hosting the party since this may limit your choice of caterers. Many venues such as reception halls, restaurants and hotels have their own caterers which you might be required to use. If they allow you to bring in an off-premise caterer, keep in mind that some extra fees might occur (for example, for letting them use the kitchen). If your celebration will be at the synagogue, you'll probably need to hire a kosher caterer.
Here's how to locate a great caterer:
- Ask friends and family for referrals; word of mouth is sometimes the best way to find a great caterer;
- Check the phone book – you'll find a list of caterers serving your area;
- Search online – nowadays all respectable companies have a website where the kinds of services they provide are listed
- Creating a Scary and Bloody Halloween Party
- Three Ways to Locate Catering Hall Near You
- Tips for your Wedding Reception
- Holding a Charity or Fundraiser Auction
- New Year's Celebration
Call the caterers you found and ask about cost and availability. Make arrangements to meet the ones you like in person and try to schedule tastings as part of the interview. Inquire about menu options they offer and what exactly is included in the fee. Also ask about their policies on payments and deposits, taxes and gratuities, and liquor. It's also a good idea to obtain a written proposal from each company and compare them to find the best deal for your catering needs.
Consider creating different menus for children and adults. Serving simple, easy-to-eat finger foods for children and elegantly presented plated or buffet meals for adults is a perfect way to satisfy everyone’s tastes. You’ll probably have many options when choosing a catering company, just make sure they are licensed and insured, and can meet all your dietary needs.
More Articles by Amanda
«-- Return to Article Index