Home » Articles, Guides, and Tips
Posted by Amanda
This checklist will provide you with a timeline for your corporate event – adapt it to your specific needs and dates.
3 months before event
- Determine the objectives and goals of the meeting, and create the program and budget;
- Identify possible dates for the event (check calendar of local events to avoid conflicting or inappropriate dates);
- Create the guest list;
- Book the venue of your choice;
- Set up an account for your business charges with the meeting site and authorize who can sign charges;
- Identify responsibilities for committees and volunteers;
- Invite and confirm key speakers, and inform them about your guests and the equipment on site such as audio-visual capabilities; order any other necessary equipment as soon as possible;
- Invite attendees;
- Make travel arrangements.
1 month before event
- Set up menus, room decor and supplies – get this information in writing from your event manager;
- Provide signs and printed materials such as place cards, newsletters, etc.
- Mail attendees the agendas, suggested dress and other instructions;
- Order gifts and amenities.
1 week before event
- Confirm all audiovisual requirements and produce slides;
- Make arrangements for shipping materials back to your office after the meeting;
- Confirm the menu and the number of attendees;
- Determine security needs.
Day of the event
- Walk through the venue with the event manger and review details; notify them immediately of any changes in your plans or requirements;
- Inspect all shipped materials to make sure that all of your items have arrived in good condition;
- Have a brief staff meeting to review everyone’s responsibilities;
After the event